[NFBMD] Due Today: Seeking 2023 Resolutions - Deadline Extended to November 1, 2023

Maryland President president at nfbmd.org
Wed Nov 1 21:50:23 UTC 2023

Final reminder.

Ronza Othman, President

443-426-4110

Pronouns: she, her, hers

From: Maryland President <president at nfbmd.org>
Sent: Friday, October 13, 2023 1:20 PM
To: 'nfb-maryland at nfbnet.org' <nfb-maryland at nfbnet.org>;
'nfb-maryland at nfbnet.org' <nfb-maryland at nfbnet.org>; 'nfbmd at nfbnet.org'
<nfbmd at nfbnet.org>; 'greater-baltimore at nfbnet.org'
<greater-baltimore at nfbnet.org>; 'nfbmdtlc-chapter at nfbnet.org'
<nfbmdtlc-chapter at nfbnet.org>; 'central-md-chapter at nfbnet.org'
<central-md-chapter at nfbnet.org>; 'md-atlarge at nfbnet.org'
<md-atlarge at nfbnet.org>; 'md-sligo at nfbnet.org' <md-sligo at nfbnet.org>;
'nationalharbor at nfbnet.org' <nationalharbor at nfbnet.org>; 'mabm at nfbnet.org'
<mabm at nfbnet.org>; 'mdabs at nfbnet.org' <mdabs at nfbnet.org>;
'mdpobc at nfbnet.org' <mdpobc at nfbnet.org>; 'NFB of Maryland, Baltimore County
List' <md-baltimore-county at nfbnet.org>
Subject: Seeking 2023 Resolutions - Deadline Extended to November 1, 2023

Friends,

The Convention is the supreme authority of the National Federation of the
Blind, and this too is true of the affiliates.  One of the most important
charges of the membership is to consider and vote on resolutions that come
before it; those resolutions become the policy of the organization.  Though
we will not be having a convention this calendar year, we will be holding a
business meeting on November 11, 2023 from 1 - 5PM via Zoom.  This Business
Meeting will operate in the same way a full convention would have so we can
discharge our constitutional duties as an affiliate.  To that end, the
membership will consider and vote on resolutions, which if adopted, will be
come policy of the National Federation of the Blind of Maryland.

Individuals interested in submitting resolutions should send them to NFBMD
Resolutions Chairperson Chris Danielsen by email at
<mailto:cdanielsen at nfb.org> cdanielsen at nfb.org by November 1, 2023.  We have
extended the deadline by two weeks in response to the uncertainty created by
having to postpone the full convention.

It is important we consider resolutions this year, as the resolutions the
membership adopts often drive our legislative and advocacy priorities for
the coming year.  We need to finalize those priorities prior to the
beginning of the legislative session.

For questions, please reach out to Chair Danielsen.

Thanks,

Ronza

Ronza Othman, President

443-426-4110