[NFBMD] Friends Annual Meeting Reminder

Sharon Maneki nfbmdsm at gmail.com
Tue Oct 17 16:15:35 UTC 2023

Hello All,

Did you register for the Friends annual meeting that will be held on
October 28 from 9:30-1pm? This year, we will have lots of presentations and
activities for you. You will have the opportunity to meet the Director of
the National Library Service for the Blind and Print Disabled, Jason
Broughton. This will be his first visit to LBPD since becoming director.
You will have the pleasure of listening to a presentation by Alexandra
Petri, a columnist with the Washington Post. She has a wonderful sense of
humor that you will enjoy! You will have the experience of tactile art and
actually make something that you can bring home. Cheryl Fogle-Hatch will be
our guide to tactile art. You can learn about the ocean from Educators,
Engineers, and Scientists who will be broadcasting from a research ship.
You will also have the opportunities to ask any questions. Of course, we
will recognize LBPD volunteers.

We are extending registration to Monday, October 23. Since lunch will be
available, you must RSVP by October 23rd. Call 410-230-2424 and press 5.
You may also RSVP by sending an email to reference.desk at maryland.gov. Tell
us whether you are coming in person or on Zoom. We will provide the Zoom
link shortly after you RSVP. Hope to see you at the Friends annual meeting!

*Sharon Maneki, Director of Legislation and Advocacy*
410-715-9596

The National Federation of the Blind of Maryland knows that blindness is
not the characteristic that defines you or your future. Everyday we raise
the expectations of blind people, because low expectations create obstacles
blindness is not what holds you back.