[NFBMD] Up-coming events with Maryland parents: Harvesting at the farm and ice skating

james.garret.mooney at gmail.com james.garret.mooney at gmail.com
Tue Aug 20 05:30:38 UTC 2024

Hello families

The Maryland Organization of parents of Blind Children wants to invite you
to some exciting events we have coming up.

Harvesting at the Farm

On September 14, 2024, we invite you to the First Fruits farm to participate
in the harvesting  of seasonal crops. Families will get a hand-on-
experience with harvesting crops, farming equipment, and gain a better
understanding of the agricultural process. This is an event for the entire
family.

An outline of the day is as follows

10:00 AM -instructions

10:30 AM - harvesting in the fields

11:30 AM- lunch

12:30 PM - visiting with animals and a wagon ride

The farm is located at 20431 Middletown Road Freeland, MD 21053

. Participants are in charge of bringing their own lunch. There is no cost
for families.

The form to sign up is below:

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSe25Ln9WzMZpy_WXEmxXIyTCnFQXdGWkESV
PaBYpZMOZvqkLw/viewform?usp=sf_link

If you want to learn more about Fresh Fruits  Farm please  visit the below
link:

https://www.firstfruitsfarm.org/

Ice Skating

On  November 16, 2024, we invite you to go ice skating with MDOPBC. We will
be renting out the M.T. Pleasant Ice Arena from 3:00 PM to 6:00 PM. We are
renting out the entire ice skating rink so we will have the entire rink to
ourselves. This is a great opportunity for members of all skill levels to
bring the entire family for a fun day of skating.

There is no cost for participants to skate. The only cost for members is the
skate rental. Skates cost $3 per pair to rent. Participants who wish to
donate to help off-set the cost of the rental can zell us at
president at nfbmd.org <mailto:president at nfbmd.org> .

The link to register for the event is below:

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfG-Jf3xdFBm9ZIf_a5kThqyyJPZc9MbafN
-q28MbR3lQxIQg/viewform?usp=sf_link

Garret

James G. Mooney, Esq

President, Maryland Organization of Parents of Blind Children

(480) 433-8003

james.garret.mooney at gmail.com