[NFBMD] financial assistance to parents of blind children for NFBMD state convention taking place 2/16/2024-2/18/2024

james.garret.mooney at gmail.com james.garret.mooney at gmail.com
Mon Jan 15 16:04:22 UTC 2024

Hello families

The Maryland Organization of Parents of Blind Children is offering financial
assistance to the 2024 state convention of the National Federation of the
Blind of  Maryland. The convention takes place from February 16 through the
18. During the convention participants will have the opportunity to attend
technology and advocacy workshops. Additionally, attendees  can examine new
products at the exhibit hall on Friday. Moreover, seminars are being offered
from our  students, merchants,  blind parents of children, and young
professionals.

Parents of Blind  children will be having a work shop  on Friday morning.
During the workshop parents will learn how to navigate the IEP process,
learn about accessible technology, financial planning with a blind child,
and so much more! On Saturday we will hold our annual business meeting where
we will hear from the educator of the year.

We do not want finances to be a barrier to attending convention. If a family
needs financial assistance please contact Garret Mooney. Garret can be
reached at 480-433-8003. We look forward to seeing you at the convention.

The link to learn more about the convention is below:

https://nfbmd.org/convention/2024

`

Garret

James G. Mooney, Esq

President, Maryland Organization of Parents of Blind Children

(480) 433-8003

james.garret.mooney at gmail.com