[NFBMD] Website Down Time This Week

Maryland President president at nfbmd.org
Mon Oct 21 00:36:11 UTC 2024

Colleagues,

The NFB of Maryland website and databases are expected to be taken offline
for a period of time starting the evening of October 23, 2024 so we can
implement some major upgrades and facilitate a significant migration.  We
expect the site will be back up around 5PM, Thursday, October 24, 2024 if
all goes smoothly, and if things don't go smoothly within another day or
two, but we expect there may be some glitches when we come back online no
matter when that is.  The down time will include the NFBMD.org website and
all associated pages as well as the State Convention Registration and Dues
platforms.  We can receive Zelle payments but will not be able to receive
web-based PayPal or credit card payments for the Bid for Opportunity,
Theater Donation Drive, State Convention, or At Large Night at the Theater
starting 5PM on Wednesday, October 23, 2024.  However, individuals can log
into their own PayPal accounts and use the email President at nfbmd.org
<mailto:President at nfbmd.org>  to send payments manually.  The listserves and
affiliate email addresses should not be impacted during the website
migration.

Our Web and Technology Committee will be conducting post-migration testing
for remediation, but you can also assist us by sending an email to me if you
notice anything isn't working the way it is supposed to, e.g. broken links,
missing PayPal buttons, or missing or funky pages, and so on.  You should
expect some slight variations on the look and feel of the website, but
Convention Registration should look and feel the same.

We regret any inconvenience this may cause and appreciate your patience as
we implement these necessary upgrades and migrations.

Thanks,

Ronza

Ronza Othman, President

443-426-4110