[NFBMD] Sad News: JC

Maryland President president at nfbmd.org
Sat Oct 26 02:53:35 UTC 2024

Federation Family,

It is with a very heavy heart that I share that John Cheadle passed away
this morning after an illness.  John and his beloved Barbara are founding
and lifetime members of the TLC Chapter as well as lifetime members of the
Greater Baltimore Chapter.  John worked for many years at the National
Federation of the Blind, where he served as Executive Director of Buildings
and Facilities for 18 years.  He also served as an active volunteer with the
Maryland affiliate in many roles, including as a driver, a member of the
financial audit team, a reader, a builder (he literally built things for us
for conventions and meetings), and an auctioneer among many other roles.  In
fact, John continued to support the Federation as a volunteer for the NFB of
Maryland up until his passing.

We will share additional information as it is finalized, but here is some
preliminary information about services.

Grave side service:

Wednesday, October 30, 2024

10:00AM

Serenity Ridge Cemetery

2406 Ridge Road

Windsor Mill, Maryland 21244

Reception:

12:30PM

Christian Temple

5820 Edmonson Avenue

Baltimore, Maryland 21228

John leaves behind his wife and soul mate Barbara, their three children,
John, Chaz, and Anna, and countless loved ones and friends.  Please keep
John and all who love him in your thoughts and prayers.

Ronza Othman, President

443-426-4110

Pronouns: she, her, hers

blindness is not what holds you back