[NFBMD] Catching Up On Advocacy

Sharon Maneki nfbmdsm at gmail.com
Sat Sep 14 14:50:11 UTC 2024

Hello All,

Would you like to revisit the advocacy seminars that we have had? Would you
like to listen to a seminar that you missed? In general, would you like to
catch up on advocacy?

There were some special requests for the May 18, 2024 advocacy seminar
called Navigating Healthcare by Deborah Kendrick. Deborah won a Bolotin
award this year for her books and newspaper articles on disabilities.

Go to:
https://nfbmd.org/sites/default/files/Seminars/2024-05-18_healthcare/Health%20care.mp3
to listen!

If you would like to review a previous seminar, go to:
https://nfbmd.org/Advocacy-Skills-Training-Sessions You can listen to
anything from getting your dream job and keeping it, to practicing your IEP
skills and more!

Happy learning!

*Sharon Maneki, Director of Legislation and Advocacy*
410-715-9596

The National Federation of the Blind of Maryland knows that blindness is
not the characteristic that defines you or your future. Everyday we raise
the expectations of blind people, because low expectations create obstacles
blindness is not what holds you back.