[nfbmi-talk] College Policy now adopted

joe harcz Comcast joeharcz at comcast.net
Tue Aug 31 23:04:24 UTC 2010

Hi Again on this issue. The inclusion or exclustion of that section does not
preclude agency responsabilities here:
    (55) Transition services means a coordinated set of activities for

a student designed within an outcome-oriented process that promotes

movement from school to post-school activities, including postsecondary

education, vocational training, integrated employment (including

supported employment), continuing and adult education, adult services,

independent living, or community participation. The coordinated set of

activities must be based upon the individual student's needs, taking

into account the student's preferences and interests, and must include

instruction, community experiences, the development of employment and

other post-school adult living objectives, and, if appropriate,

acquisition of daily living skills and functional vocational

evaluation. Transition services must promote or facilitate the

achievement of the employment outcome identified in the student's

individualized plan for employment.

(Authority: Section 7(37) and 103(a)(15) of the Act; 29 U.S.C.

705(37) and 723(a)(15))