[nfbmi-talk] request rehab act and ada accessible and timely info related to service delievery issues

joe harcz Comcast joeharcz at comcast.net
Mon Sep 6 23:23:30 UTC 2010

September 6, 2010

Paul Joseph Harcz, Jr.

1365 E. Mt. Morris Rd.

Mt. Morris, MI 48458

E-mail: joeharcz at comcast.net

Re: Request for board correspondence

Patrick D. Cannon

Director Michigan Commission for the Blind

And State of Michigan ADA Coordinator

Jo Anne, Pilarski, MCB Chair

Duncan Wyeth, DELEG Title II ADA Coordinator

Dear Mr, cannon, Ms. Pilarski, and Mr. Wyeth:

I am writing today to request some information from or related to the December 12, 2008 Michigan Commission for the Blind meeting that can be linked at:

http://www.michigan.gov/dleg/0,1607,7-154-28077_28313_28319_28324_32052-211641--,00.html

Specifically I am requesting the board correspondences (to and from the parties referenced in this quotation from the minutes:

“BOARD CORRESPONDENCE

            Ms. Luzenski stated there was one piece of board correspondence received by Chair Pilarski on October 8, 2008 from Mr. Richard Clay, of Advocates

for the Blind.  The Chair responded directly to Mr. Clay.

“

That information may be sent to me as either Word attachments or plaintext enclosures to my e-mail address listed above. In addition I request that this and similar board correspondences be put on the MCB web site.

I make this request pursuant to obligations under Title I of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 to make all meetings of MCB accessible including provisions for accessible information to the public related to these meetings. Moreover, I invoke the effective communications requirements of the Americans with Disabilities Act (Title II, subparte e, communications, primary consideration), and the auxiliary and aids provisions of Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973.

Sincerely,

Paul Joseph Harcz, Jr.