[nfbmi-talk] Jo Ann Pilarski Resignation

Fred Wurtzel f.wurtzel at att.net
Thu Jul 14 05:38:35 UTC 2011

Hello,

I try to be out front about my thinking.  With regard to Chairman Pilarski's
resignation, I am sorry.  I understand and agree with some of the issues
that some people, some of my closest friends,  have made.  I have seen many
Commissioners come and go.  Jo Ann has a heart and cares about people.  I
have seen some sleep through meetings, I have seen some who were ignorant
about blindness and the Commission, I have seen at least 1 Commissioner who
wondered aloud in public why the Governor appointed him.  Jo Ann took an
active role in her service and did her best at the job.  She made many good
and difficult decisions on behalf of blind vendors and college students.

I don't even argue that my friends and colleagues are necessarily wrong in
their feelings.  I simply say that I do not share these feelings toward Jo
Ann.

The MCB Director is a manipulative, mean-spirited, ruthless administrator.
he bullies and intimidates anyone who challenges him or is better than he is
at what they do.  He will throw anyone under the bus.  Remember the
departures of Mark Eagle and Don Bowman?  he is using the Commission board
to drive a wedge between blind people and the Governor.  it is a shame that
decent people cannot abide the kind of ruthlessness involved in serving on
the Michigan Commission Board.  Jo Ann is a decent person.

I am sorry to see Jo Ann leave.  Blind vendors are losing a friend and ally.
All I have to say is watch out for her replacement. I am sure they will not
have the kind heart and care for individuals that Jo Ann Pilarski has.

Warmest Regards,

Fred