[nfbmi-talk] State Plan Hearings

Fred Wurtzel f.wurtzel at att.net
Mon Jun 6 15:26:23 UTC 2011

Hello,

Here is how Hawaii announces its hearings.As you read, the announcement
mentions the SRC or state rehabilitation council.  The MCB Board serves as
the Commission's SRC.  It is my belief that the Board needs to be directly
involved in these hearings in some way.

    NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING

The State Rehabilitation Council (SRC) of Hawaii and the Department of Human
Services,

Vocational Rehabilitation and Services for the Blind Division, will hold a
public

hearing to receive comments on the State Plan for Vocational Rehabilitation
Services.

The submittal to the Federal government of the State Plans is a requirement
for the

continuing flow of grant funds to support the activities of the independent
living

and vocational rehabilitation programs. The State Plans cover the method of
operation

of the state agency.

The public hearing will be held on June 8, 2011, 10:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m. For
more

information, please download the

By the way larry, I am willing to volunteer to travel to Hawaii to observe
how they doi it there. Just let me know.

Warmest Regards,

Fred