[nfbmi-talk] A Little Birdi Told Me...

Mary Wurtzel marywurtzel at att.net
Wed May 25 16:43:36 UTC 2011

Dear Joe and Dave,

I compliment both of you on your messages, well said.  Dr. Jernigan was so
right to  teach us to fight only for issues which directly concern blind
Americans because of the diversity of political and other kinds of opinion
and beliefs held by NFB's members.
When I heard the news yesterday about our sister, Christine, I first cheered
and the cried.  Remember, Many of us marched out in the cold lat s  t Winter
for the unjust treatment of Dave and Christine, and also our blind venders
and agency clients who have, and are receiving horrific service by the
agency given our tax payer money to help us find jobs.
It is so sweet to have a victory, as I often feel despair settling in upon
me when change comes so slowly.  Yet we remain committed to our cause of
obtaining first class treatment for all blind people.  When one of us is
weighed down by these injustices, we have others by our side to lean on till
we can stand upright again.  That is why we choose to act as an organized
blind movement and not just as individuals.

No, we differ on some views, but we love one another as a family when one
blind person is treated horrendously.
Go Christine, go Dave!  We stand with you as long as it takes!

Mary Wurtzel