[nfbmi-talk] [nfbmi-tal Holiday Ideas

Phyllis Slater concierge at samobile.net
Mon Nov 7 15:19:15 UTC 2011

Well now that I am new to the NFB and now on the board for Members At
Large my thoughts are going crazy.  In order to get them off my mind
and ask for your ideas, here goes:

One is calling Wantz Online Shopping (spelling Swantz wrong) and see if
they would provide sale items for our members during holiday time or
provide a sale on items used with a gift card for their services.

Another is when a member is ill or has passed away, why not take our
feelings and put them into action such as buy a braille book for our
youth training center in memory or love of that person.  It can be
brailled into the first page of that book.  This can be a chapter
wishes for that member or family.

I would like to see for the holiday that our money is spent on a
service that member really needs and can't afford rather than an item
from China.

Any ideas?