[nfbmi-talk] Accessible Cable Menus

Ghkitchen ghkitchen at comcast.net
Fri Nov 11 00:22:29 UTC 2011

Hi Phyllis,

Oh,  I see you are talking about on demand cable. I wonder if you called
1-800-Comcast and asked for technical assistance if they could figure out a
way for you to do it even if you  had to memorize the menus or use a cheat
sheet. I am not a  TV person so maybe my idea is a  bad one.

I have called them and they helped me get my old TV set up right. I had to
have sighted help on this end to get all the settings right.  I used the TV
once and then it would not work. I think I turned off the box that makes the
old TV digital. Not sure.
I read a lot so haven't worried too much about it. I enjoy a special program
once in a while and I love the movies from Mamas Corner list nad Blind mice
mart.

There may be a nfb list that could address your interest in walking like
suggesting an accessible dvd.

Fred had a lot of  good suggestions as far  as reading some of the nfb
articles. I have quite a few  here   in Braille though.  He summed up the
NFB good. We do accept people where they are. There are all sorts of folks
in the NFB.  Our National Conventions are wonderful! We have gotten quite
diverse and we have a division for travel and one for recreation.

I like to walk also. It would be cool if we could meet at Great Lakes
Crossing. What do you think?? It is a good place to walk.

That is cool that  you  are taking Hadley classes and pursuing the mobility
class at Leader Dog.
Take care

Georgia