[nfbmi-talk] a bunch of stuff

joe harcz Comcast joeharcz at comcast.net
Mon Jan 9 22:10:22 UTC 2012

Open Letter to Elmer Cerano Director Michigan Protection and Advocacy Services, Inc.

Paul Joseph Harcz, Jr.

1365 E. Mt. Morris Rd.

Mt. Morris, MI 48458

To: Elmer Cerano Michigan Protection and Advocacy Services, Inc.

Via E-mail…

Dear Sir,

I have some fundamental questions about the MPAS.

One is can’t you possibly put a directory of personnel and what in the heck each does on your web site, and in accessible manners? Regardless, I a blind man wish for a complete list of all personnel with complete directory information and what they do in the following format pursuant to requirements of Title III of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (not 1991 as you are often quoted), and the “auxiliary aids and services” provisions of Section504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973…

To wit post to me and others a simple and accessible directory of M PAS personnel with directory information forthwith.

These can and should be sent to me immediately via simple Word and/or plain text formats to my e-mail address listed above. God forbid I ask you the protector of our collective civil rights to know a bloody thing about Braille and that accommodation…But I digress…

Moreover I am asking for your complete resume while acting in official capacity of this non-profit (MPAS) and while also acting in official capacity of NISH whilst it was being investigated by the General Accounting Office of the United States of America for abuses within the Javitts Wagner Oday system during the past decade.

Moreover, cite to me how these and other conflicts with the Sarbaines-Oxley Act don’t collide?

You sir as a highly paid executive director of the Michigan Protection and Advocy Services, Inc. authorized under section 509 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973  as amended  are required to be devoid of conflicting interests.

Yet, you don’t even look at documented waste, fraud, and abuse, let alone basic Rehabilitation Act and ADA issues against state interests because you sir are conflicted in demonstrable form against all interests of the very people you must by law and funding represent by any meaningful definition of the term conflict of interest.

For now more than a decade you’ve and others in MPAS have seen from myself personally for example documented violations of the ADA/504 systemically and individually within the VR system itself. Yet, no action from you or others.

The U.S. DOJ has received same.

Nothing is done because all backs are rubbing each other and the conflicts of interests protecting your personal salaries and your personal interests and so on and so forth are clear and demonstrable and clear cut.

Want me to show you more evidence of my claims in the public interest than that already shown in a sort of guerilla theatre approach?

I’ve got plenty of information where you Mr. Cerano have viollated my personal civil rights whilst nominally (ahnd not in any real or demonstrable form) acting as a federally funded recipient paid for to afford and protect my civil rights. Ditto for other key personnel in MPAS.

Of course, it is clear to me and to others in the know that you, Elmer Cerano have sold us out to the highest bidder in these regards to use vernacular terms.

You support NISH programs big time and even have again served on its Board whilst they NISH and local CRPs suck the blood out of people with disabilities and do not enable those people for the most part but, rather engage in “slave labor”  piece rate, sub-minimum wage workplace conditions that would make China proud whilst claiming to be defenders, Protection and Advocacy Services for all of us people with disabilities.

Remarkable this all is sir!

I am one who has fought “cross disability for years”. I am a person who doesn’t gain from your system of abuse and conflict.

I am a person with disabilities and I wait amongst other things full access to all systems of State government including the VR and IL process in the State of Michigan. Because of sellouts and hacks like yourselves that access is and has been denied right at the front door. II, personally have put forward the model for ADAPT in that “I have put forward ccess is a Civil Right”.

I know you don’t get this message because again you are simply a well meaning, perhaps hack feeding off the system while people with disabilities are screwed.

Oh yes, the upper echelons of the ersatz system keeps on keeping on and your $100,000 per year plus salary keeps on keeping on doesn’t it and at federal and state taxpayer expense at that too without any performance or other accountability standards to boot.

I’ve got records related to my own cases with your scofflaw institution and I’ve got numerous appeals with MPAS over its handling of systemic issues for now more than a decade.

You are simply sinister and more than silly and more than incompetent.

Again sue me if I’m incorrect in these regards bozo!

Joe