[nfbmi-talk] Fw: Response to FOIA Request of 1-18-2012 - Budgets for FY 11 and FY 12

Marcus Simmons MarcusSimmons at comcast.net
Tue Jan 31 17:15:51 UTC 2012

Enjoy.
Changing what it means to be blind,
Marcus Simmons, vice-president,
Western-Wayne chapter
28179 Brentwood
Southfield, MI 48076-3069
Marcus.Simmons at interbizusa.com
(248) 552-8928
----- Original Message -----
From: Haynes, Carla (LARA)
To: MarcusSimmons at comcast.net
Cc: Cannon, Patrick (LARA) ; Farmer, Mel (LARA) ; Turney, Susan (LARA) ; Luzenski, Sue (LARA) ; Duell, Elsie (LARA)
Sent: Tuesday, January 31, 2012 9:21 AM
Subject: Response to FOIA Request of 1-18-2012 - Budgets for FY 11 and FY 12

January 31, 2012

Mr. Marcus Simmons

E-mail: marcussimmons at comcast.net

28179 Brentwood Street

Southfield, MI  48076-3069

Re:  Budget for FY 2011 and Proposed Budget for FY 2012

Dear Mr. Simmons:

This letter is in response to your January 18, 2012, email request for copies of public records, received on January 19, 2012, under the state's Freedom of Information Act (FOIA), MCL 15.231 et seq.

You have requested information which you describe as (is also attached):

"I am writing you to request a copy of the budgets for the fiscal year ending on September 30, 2011 and a copy of the proposed budget for the fiscal year ending on September 30, 2012. I am requesting these documents in either Microsoft /Words or Excel format, delivered to my email address."

Your request is granted as to existing, nonexempt records in the possession of this department responsive to your request.

Attached are two documents: 1) MCB Internal Operating Budget for FY2012 and the November Projections which include the expenditures for FY11 in the first column.

These documents are also available at the MCB website (www.michigan.gov/mcb), go to MCB Documents and Reports (http://www.michigan.gov/lara/0,4601,7-154-28077_28313-261129--,00.html, then Budget Information.

Sincerely,

Carla Miller Haynes, FOIA Coordinator

Michigan Commission for the Blind

Attachments: