[nfbmi-talk] mighty nice of him

Terry D. Eagle terrydeagle at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 18 16:15:52 UTC 2013

I cannot understand or comprehend why the taxpaying public must wait for the
release of a final version of any public agency proposed plan, especially
any plan that should serve the needs of the public to which that agency is
charged under the law and Constitution to serve.  I can only conclude it is
a ploy for the administration of the public agency to be able to say that
the final plan was supported by a representative body of those citizens
served by the public agency.  The only problem is that the support comes
from a hand-picked, non-representative group of individuals whom are
expected to be rubber-stamp and solely advisory in their actions, and mainly
because they are uninformed and out-of-touch with that which the persons who
are the intended recipients of the planned services need and are
experiencing in getting, or moreover, are experiencing in not getting the
planned services.  It seems to me also that if the advisory group was
representative of the citizenry, they advisory group members would be eager
to share the draft proposed plan with the citizens they serve, in an attempt
to solicit and receive input about the soundness of the plan.  I can
understand why a closed minded administration, who believe they alone know
what is in the best and highest interest of those citizens they are charged
to serve, would as a common practice, not want the public to see the
proposed plan, however, why is it that the representative advisory group
would not share the proposed plan with those citizens they are appointed to
serve?  Were the advisory a representative advisory group, it would be nice
to see at least one or more of them say upon being presented with the
proposed plan, that they want ample and adequate time to share the proposed
plan with those persons they allegedly represent, and gather input on the
proposed plan, from those they are appointed to represent.