[nfbmi-talk] Going to Cedar Point on August 23

Fred Wurtzel f.wurtzel at att.net
Sat Aug 9 11:36:20 UTC 2014

Hi,

If I were going to do this solo, I would find a map of the facility online
and sit down with someone and have them describe the layout to me.  As I
recall, there is a gondola near the entrance which goes to the back.  I
think this means that the park is layed out in a long line with the gondola
near the center line of the park.  This mmay be incorrect, but it is a place
to start.  At least the Gondola will be a good landmark.  The roller
coasters are excellent sound cues.  So if you know the arrangement of the
various coasters, you can also orient according to them.  You may also
consider a Braille compass to keep you oriented.  I am sure there are other
distinctive and loud sounds which can be used for orientation.  Of course,
there are those long lines of people who have nothing to do, so they may be
queried for information.  I would also call the park to see if they have a
Braille map or description of the park.

Just some ideas which occur to me.

Warmest Regards,

Fred