[nfbmi-talk] ada request and complaint

joe harcz Comcast joeharcz at comcast.net
Tue Dec 2 13:15:44 UTC 2014

ADA Request Complaint to Zimmer Ellis December 2 2014

Paul Joseph Harcz, Jr.

1365 E. Mt. Morris Rd.

Mt. Morris, MI 48458

joeharcz at comcast.net

810-516-5262

Michael Zimmer,, Director Mich. Licensing and Regulatory Affairs

Sharon Alston Ellis

(Via e-mail)

Mich. ADA Compliance Officer

Dear Mr. Zimmer and Ms. Ellis,

I am a legally blind citizen and advocate. I right you today in your official capacities to denote accessible document issues in LARA and to request timely, and accessible information pursuant to obligations of the State of Michigan under The Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (Title II, subpart e, communications) and Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 (auxiliary aids and services provisions).

To wit I point your attention to the LARA Corporations Division web site at:

“CORPORATIONS DIVISION BUSINESS ENTITY SEARCH

http://www.dleg.state.mi.us/bcs_corp/sr_corp.asp

Searched for:

THE NATIONAL FEDERATION OF THE BLIND OF MICHIGAN

ID Num:

831065

Entity Name: THE NATIONAL FEDERATION OF THE BLIND OF MICHIGAN

Type of Entity: Domestic Nonprofit Corporation

Resident Agent:

LARRY POSONT

Registered Office Address:

20812 ANN ARBOR TRAIL  DEARBORN HEIGHTS   MI  48127

Mailing Address:

Formed Under Act Number(s): 327-1931    284-1972

Incorporation/Qualification Date: 5-19-1977

Jurisdiction of Origin:

MICHIGAN

Number of Shares: 0

Year of Most Recent Annual Report: 14

Year of Most Recent Annual Report With Officers & Directors:

11

ACTIVE

Present

View Document Images

“

While the web site is accessible to me using a screen reader the documents herein (labeled view document images) are not. Now this represents thousands of documents that are scanned images (tif or gif) that are not accessible to me or others who are blind but are to sighted people free of charge and with a click of a mouse on LARA’s web sites alone. Thus I am requesting the above referenced documents as either plain text or Word documents sent to my e-mail address listed above and am requesting that you fix all similar documents upon LARA’s web sites. Note these things were required decades ago under the ADA and also are a noted requirement under Governor Snyder’s Executive Directive 2014-1.

Thus I thank you in advance for your prompt attention to this matter and for the accessible information requested.

Sincerely,

Paul Joseph Harcz, Jr.