[nfbmi-talk] Scholarship Application

Elizabeth Mohnke via nfbmi-talk nfbmi-talk at nfbnet.org
Sun Jun 1 02:10:12 UTC 2014

Hello Terri,

Thank you for sending out this information. However, I am wondering how the scholarship committee will determine how much each scholarship is worth during the state convention. What criteria or methods does the scholarship committee plan to use for determining the amounts of the scholarships? I believe this information is important, and should be included on the application form. I believe it is only fair that all scholarship applicants are provided with this information as they apply for this scholarship.

I also believe it is important for all scholarship applicants to be fully aware they may not receive $500, which would be half of the allotted amount for the scholarships. This year's scholarship process seems rather complicated and confusing to me, so I am concerned about how well others will be able to fully understand this process as well.

I have never seen any other scholarship program conduct their scholarship program in this manner, so I do not understand why this decision was made. Perhaps those who made this decision, or provided the motion for this decision, can provide more details as to why they decided to choose a scholarship process that only seems to be complicated and confusing.

Thanks,
Elizabeth