[nfbmi-talk] FW: [Blindtlk] A Horrible Experience at Kmart

Fred wurtzel f.wurtzel at comcast.net
Fri Jul 17 18:23:16 UTC 2015

-----Original Message-----
From: blindtlk [mailto:blindtlk-bounces at nfbnet.org] On Behalf Of Gary Wunder
via blindtlk
Sent: Friday, July 17, 2015 1:32 PM
To: 'Blind Talk Mailing List'
Cc: Gary Wunder
Subject: Re: [Blindtlk] A Horrible Experience at Kmart

Charlotte, as others on this list of noted, what happened to you is
inexcusable. I think it is good that you are making your concerns known to
the store.

One of the issues I think I would like to explore in the pages of the
Braille Monitor is just what the Americans With Disabilities Act has to say
about blind people and shopping. I understand that a restaurant must either
put its menu into an accessible form or have someone read it to us. To what
extent does this extend to grocery stores, discount stores, and other forms
of retail? I really don't know the answer and would love to hear from those
of you who do. I think this is an intriguing subject and welcome any
information about it.