[nfbmi-talk] FW: BTBL Summer Reading Program 2016

Fred Wurtzel f.wurtzel at att.net
Thu Jun 2 03:16:51 UTC 2016

From: Wambaugh, Stephanie (LARA) [mailto:WambaughS at michigan.gov]
Sent: Friday, May 27, 2016 3:37 PM
To: gwen at oubmichigan.org; amyshepherd at mpviweb.org; MaryBeth Kullen;
janet at penrickton.com; Debra Bonde/Seedlings Braille; Megan Peterson;
secretary at nfbmi.org
Subject: BTBL Summer Reading Program 2016

Summer Reading is right around the corner! Please help BTBL spread the word
about our statewide Summer Reading Program that will take place from July
11-August 19. The theme is Sports/Wellness/Fitness and the slogan is "On
Your Mark, Get Set, READ!" It is open to all BTBL kids between the ages of
0-18. Everything is done through the mail, so kids all across Michigan can
participate. We are having a Bingo Reading Challenge and a Pedometer
Challenge that kids can participate in to get entered into drawings to win
gift cards. To register, call, email, or mail back the paper registration
(see attached). Everyone that signs up will receive at least a couple gifts
in the mail for participating.

This year, for the first time ever, BTBL will also be hosting a Summer
Reading Event on Thursday August 18th from 1-3pm in the BTBL lobby. This
event is open to all our patrons and their families and friends. It is
following the Sports theme of our Summer Reading Program, and will feature a
Sports Talk by patron Larry Powell. As an athlete with a visual impairment,
Mr. Powell has a long history participating in numerous sports (most
notably, wrestling), and has given back to his community by passing on his
sports knowledge as a successful tutor and coach for many years. After his
talk, attendees will have the opportunity to visit various sports and
wellness themed stations to speak with representatives and see the adaptive
equipment used for those programs. More details to come on this event in the
future.

Attached is the registration flyer (word and text file), which has the basic
details of the program. This will be posted on our website shortly
(www.michigan.gov/btbl). I have also attached the press release that will
soon be appearing in a few newsletters (LIO, MAER, etc.). Either of these
documents can be used by anyone to promote our Summer Reading Program and
Event.

Thank you in advance for your help spreading the word!

Stephanie Wambaugh

Reader Advisor, Outreach & Youth Librarian
BSBP Braille & Talking Book Library

P.O. Box 30007
702 W. Kalamazoo St.
Lansing, MI 48909-7507