[nfbmi-talk] Regional Transit Plan Revealed May 31

J.J. Meddaugh jj at bestmidi.com
Tue May 31 22:02:24 UTC 2016

Here's some media coverage on the plan.

While this doesn't solve every transit need, it would be a huge
improvement to what we have now and go a long way to connect suburbs to
each other and fill in gaps where service doesn't exist currently.
Ultimately, unifying some of the transit agencies could improve service
further, but this in my opinion is an excellent first step and will make
metro Detroit a much more viable place for blind people.

$4.6B transit plan would connect Detroit, 4 counties
http://www.freep.com/story/news/local/michigan/detroit/2016/05/31/detroit-rta-public-transportation/85089668/

 From Crane's Detroit, Highlights of proposed RTA master plan in each
county
http://www.crainsdetroit.com/article/20160531/NEWS/160539995/highlights-of-proposed-rta-master-plan-in-each-county