[nfbmi-talk] Advocates in Disability Award Program for ages 14 through 26

Lydia Anne Schuck lydia.a.schuck at wmich.edu
Tue Feb 21 13:49:36 UTC 2017

Posted by Lydia Schuck

This came to me by email. Maybe some young person in our state has a great idea...

The Advocates in Disability Award Program is seeking the next Disability Advocate Leader!

Young leaders with a disability are encouraged to apply for up to $10,000 in funding!

The Advocates in Disability Award (ADA)<http://www.hschealth.org/ada> is a national awards program that seeks applications from young adults with a disability, between the ages of 14 and 26, who are dedicated to positively affecting the lives of individuals with disabilities and their families. The program also supports an innovative project developed by the recipient to serve and empower individuals with disabilities.

The selected recipient is awarded $3,000 in recognition of his or her disability advocacy and will receive up to an additional $7,000 in funding for a project to benefit the disability community. Applicants must be a citizen or permanent resident of the United States at the time of application submission and recipient selection.

To apply, please see attached guidelines and application.  For more information, please go to: http://www.hschealth.org/ada.

Applications must be received by Wednesday, April 12, 2017 (by 5:00pm ET).