[nfbmi-talk] some quick reminders

Michael Powell mpowell7583 at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 5 18:59:39 UTC 2017

Hello to all.

To those attending national convention I just want to remind you, or inform
you in case you didn't know, that our Michigan delegation will have a caucus
Monday evening, July 10, at 9:00 PM.  The meeting room will be Wekiwa 9.
This gives all attending the convention from Michigan a chance to mix and
mingle a little before the main meetings take place.  It allows me to
welcome all of you and update you on anything that may have developed as far
as new convention details or latest status on a given topic.  We can also
exchange information about our exhibit table, scheduling workers and attend
to any matters that specifically apply to our great Michigan group of
attendees.

For those of you who are attending our national convention for the first
time, like you Jernigan scholarship winners, for example, should plan to
attend the ROOKIE ROUNDUP which will be held one hour before our caucus.  As
the agenda states: "Rookie Roundup logoAll first-time convention attendees
are cordially invited to attend a reception from 8:00 to 9:30 p.m. on Monday
in the Panzacola Ballroom G-1, Level 1. President Riccobono and other
Federation leaders will be on hand to welcome you to the convention and
preview the week's activities."

You will note that this event overlaps into our caucus, but you are not to
worry.  If you got the information you need by nine, such as information on
picking up your scholarship, you can come to our caucus.  If you stay until
9:30 you will still have plenty of time to hook up with us as we will still
be in the room as we have it until 10 o'clock.

Also, don't forget that I will be on our conference line tomorrow, July 6,
at 8:30 PM if you would like to join me for a quick chat before I leave for
convention Saturday morning.  This applies to all whether you are, or are
not going to the convention.  The call in number to the conference line is:
(605)475-4333  and the access code is 902855 followed by the pound sign.  If
you know anyone in your chapters or anywhere else who might want to
participate who does not get these email listings please let them know they
are invited to call in and join us.

Thanks to you all and as always

Email or call if you need to talk to me.

Michael Powell

President

(586)754-1325

Mpowell7583 at yahoo.com