[nFBMI-Talk] Braille Event--Volunteers Needed in Kalamazoo

Haley Dare haley.dare at yahoo.com
Sat Apr 14 19:14:17 UTC 2018

The MiPOBC, the Michigan Parents of Blind Childrendivision, and the West/Southwest Chapter of the National Federation of theBlind of Michigan is pleased to present:

EVENT:               “Meetthe Experts” Introducing, Braille!

DATE:                  Friday,May 4th, 2018

TIME:                  1pto 3:30p

PLACE:               PortageDistrict Library

                                300Library Lane

                                Portage,Michigan 49002

The MiPOBC and the W/SW Chapter of the NationalFederation of the Blind of Michigan is hosting an introduction to Braille forkids and their families at the Portage District Library! Come meet blindpersons and try out the tools of blindness, including a braillewriter, aslate/stylus, a long, white cane. Learn about Louis Braille, find how to writethe dots that make up words and numbers and check out braille books. We willalso have literature available and each child will go home with a braillebookmark and their name on a piece of labeltape that they can stick anywhere!Come and have some nonvisual fun with our members!

COST:                  Free

FOR MORE INFORMATION, please contact Haley Dare,President, MiPOBC at 269-779-2216.

The MiPOBC is a division of the National Federation ofthe Blind of Michigan. With love, hope and determination, we are working tomake MiPOBC a presence in the state of Michigan that families can count on forinformation and resources that can improve the quality of life for theirblind/VI children and inspire them live the lives that they want.