[NFBMI-Talk] Great Backyard Bird Count

Posont, Donna donnabutterfly50 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 24 23:08:02 UTC 2020

Great Backyard Bird Count

February 14-16, 2020

Camp Tuhsmeheta

10,500 Lincoln Lake Rd. Greenville, MI

The Birding by Ear and Beyond program is returning to Camp Tuhsmeheta to
count the birds which we can hear. Yes, it is once again time to partner
with Cornell Lab of Ornithology and birdbrains from all over the world to
contribute to Citizen Science by counting the birds in our area. We will be
in the woods enjoying all the fun, friendships, food, and fellowship which
we have always found at Camp Tuhsmeheta.

Programming begins Friday evening with 6p m supper and goes through Sunday
morning at 10a m. You can drop in or stay in the lodges with us for the
weekend. In either case you will need to register by February 8, 2020. You
can do that by returning the two attached forms to Donna Posont,
<mailto:dposont at umich.edu> dposont at umich.edu.

Activities will include a visit from the famous author-artist Lori Taylor.
She has written five books in the holly Wild series including her last one
"Motor City Mayhem" which features the Michigan Birdbrains.

We will be chattering with the Chickadees and talking with the Tufted Tit
Mouse and hopefully hooting with a Great Horned Owl. Of course we will enjoy
old favorites like Birdbrain Jeopardy, Eating Like a Bird, and endless Uno.

If you would like more information, please contact Donna Posont at
313-220-8140 or send an email to  <mailto:donnabutterfly50 at gmail.com>
donnabutterfly50 at gmail.com. Did I mention that there is no cost to those who
are blind or visually impaired, family and friends. That should include you!

This program is sponsored by the Birding by Ear and Beyond of University of
Michigan Dearborn Environmental Interpretive Center in partnership with the
National Federation of the Blind of Michigan.