[NFBMI-Talk] The Stride Report v.10: The Dark Horse

Robert Earl Parsons robert.e.parsons at wmich.edu
Mon Oct 31 13:40:33 UTC 2022

Marvelous Monday All

It's convention week, which means that Chunky Crab's prediction that all the good stuff happens at the end starts to come true. It is also the final day of Blind Equity Achievement Month (BEAM). Our 2022 Six Dot Stride had a pledge goal of $1500 set yesterday as a challenge for the affiliate to reach by convention. Sharing our campaign link or donating helps our campaign to raise awareness and funds for our youth and family programs. Last night, our efforts had raised $1360 in pledged donations so far. Last week our president Mike Powell received a  mega pledge in the Six Dot Stride, bringing him from fourth place to take the lead. He's held a firm grip on that lead since then, but all things come to an end. Let's take a gander:

2022 NFBMI Six Dot Stride Report

Total Raised: $1670

Leaderboard

  1.  Robert Parsons ($620 Raised)
  2.  Michael Powell ($475 Raised)
  3.  Donna Posont ($290 Raised)
  4.  Michelle Crouch ($215 Raised)
  5.  Sabrina Simmonds
  6.  Sharon Scott

Oh ye of little faith, don't worry. Your favorite Strider still has a chance to catch up and take the prize of an Apple TV streaming device while also supporting our families and blind youth. Visit the link below and send a donation for one of the above Striders' trek. Also, share the link with your friends and people that are looking for a good way to support Federation programs for all ages. If you need assistance with pledging a donation or sharing the link, call or text me at (269) 216-8640. We are so appreciative of our donors and will be commemorating their generosity at our banquet on Saturday, November 5, 2022.

Link: www.nfbmi.org/six-dot-stride<http://www.nfbmi.org/six-dot-stride>

With Love, Hope and Determination

Robert Parsons, Jr.
President| At Large Chapter
Board Member| National Federation of the Blind of Michigan