[NFBMI-Talk] Reminder: NFBMI Philosophy Town Hall 9/3/2022

Robert Earl Parsons robert.e.parsons at wmich.edu
Fri Sep 2 11:58:01 UTC 2022

Greetings Friends

Just wanted to bump this reminder about the At Large chapter's philosophy town hall tomorrow. Please take some time to read about what we'll be covering and how you can get activated in our affiliate as a proud Federationist.

"Are you a member of a chapter looking for new ideas? Have some questions about the Federation's direction and philosophy? How about if you are a new member and aren't sure how to get involved with the organization? There is a virtual event that may interest and support your needs coming very soon.

The At Large chapter's goal is to serve as the bridge between the state affiliate and its members throughout the state of Michigan. We hope to be an information resource for local chapters, an active chapter for members or guests in areas that aren't near a local chapter, and a group for members that may be in situations that prevent them from making their regular in-person meetings.

After a general introduction to members and a short philosophy discussion in our June virtual town hall, we are pleased to present our second one, focusing on our philosophy and identity as Federationist.  Our second virtual town hall is also a way for people to learn more about our organization from the top-down. Some of the topics our leadership will cover include:

  *   The roles of our chapters and divisions in relation to the affiliate

  *   The differences from Federation and other blindness-related groups/organizations

  *   The roles and responsibilities of affiliate board members

  *   The roles affiliates play in relation to the national office

  *   The keen differences between affiliate practices

  *   Noteworthy state and national Federation programs

This town hall will begin with an in-depth discussion about our philosophical values and answering the theme: "What does being a Federationist mean?" We look forward to demystifying questions or confusion on what are values are as an organization and what our work entails statewide. The philosophy town hall will take place on Saturday, September 3, 2022 at 12pm and the Zoom information is below."

Topic: NFB of Michigan At Large Chapter

Join Zoom Meeting

https://nam11.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fzoom.us%2Fj%2F91068166354%3Fpwd%3DQ2FtNlRuTUFHVkdYR0hIQ3NLUktRUT09&data=05%7C01%7Crobert.e.parsons%40wmich.edu%7C466dd1c02eeb43fa12c908da837d3096%7C257622517aa94c72905f39bf026a8a84%7C0%7C0%7C637966870967639377%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C3000%7C%7C%7C&sdata=ld0%2BKS%2B0NQUShnE6m7DQ5HrfAio6F%2FeHQLNWRYHQYxY%3D&reserved=0

Meeting ID: 910 6816 6354

Passcode: 902855

One tap mobile

+16468769923,,91068166354#,,,,*902855# US (New York)

Dial by your location

        +1 646 876 9923 US (New York)

Meeting ID: 910 6816 6354

Passcode: 902855

With Love,

Robert E. Parsons, Jr.,

President| At Large Chapter

Board Member| National Federation of the Blind of Michigan

Doctoral Student| Counselor Education and Supervision

Western Michigan University '25