[Nfbmo] blind contestant on American Idol

ROBYN WALLEN robynwallen at juno.com
Fri Jan 16 23:42:43 UTC 2009

Yes Brian.

I did see Scotts audition.  What I noticed more was the judges reactions.
 They were not as critical of Scott and were quieter than with most
contestants.  He has talent but other than the comment about him being
brave to come on without his instrument the silence said more to me.  I
do wonder how far he will make it even with his talent.  A few years ago
they had a girl who was a little person.  She was quite good and even
Simon told her this and told her she knew she was good but more for
marketability than anything else she was gone after the first round  in
Hollywood.  On Scotts side their are many famour blind singers so
marketability is already proven.

Robyn