[Nfbmo] We Need Your Help

Shelia Wright sbwright95 at att.net
Mon Aug 23 17:09:01 UTC 2010

Dear Friends,

By now you may be aware of the opportunity we have to win $250,000 to help
the NFB with the 2011 Youth Slam that is designed to empower blind youth. In
order to win we need to be in first or second place. We are currently in
20th place. Far above many other causes but not ranked high enough yet to
win. We have steadily moved up in the ranks throughout the month but been
hovering at number 20 for several days. We need every vote we can get.

If you have already been voting, please continue to vote every day. If you
have not voted yet, please set aside a few minutes every day (9 days) for
the rest of August to do so if at all possible. Also, remember to ask your
family and friends to vote too. I was delighted to see my sister was voting
for my cause. I believe we can do it but it will take all of us working
together to do so. Below are the details on how to vote. I'm sending it
along as it was on the most recent Presidential Release and we need to
finish strong.

Vote <http://www.refresheverything.com/nfbyouthslam>  for the 2011 NFB Youth
Slam
On the Pepsi Refresh Project

Throughout the month of August, the 2011 NFB Youth Slam will be eligible to
receive votes toward a grant award of $250,000 from the Pepsi Refresh
project. The 2011 NFB Youth Slam will be a five-day, interactive science,
technology, engineering, and math (STEM) academy designed to empower blind
high school students to explore STEM subjects and demonstrate that the blind
can participate in the same fields as their sighted peers. Voters with
texting capabilities should text the number 101913 to Pepsi (73774) in order
to vote for the 2011 NFB Youth Slam, once per day, throughout the month of
August. For those without the ability to text, please visit
<http://www.refresheverything.com/nfbyouthslam>
www.refresheverything.com/nfbyouthslam in order to log your vote each day.
When voting for the first time on this site, users will be prompted to
either sign up with Pepsi, a brief, required step that is only necessary for
first-time voters, or sign up using a Facebook account. The two projects
that receive the most votes in the month of August will receive the award.
For those of you encountering difficulty with the site, please see
<http://www.nfb.org/nfb/NewsBot.asp?MODE=VIEW&ID=636> the detailed
instructions for online voting for further assistance.

Shelia Wright