[Nfbmo] CRPD fails to pass in U. S. Senate

McMahon, Cory J cory.j.mcmahon at gmail.com
Tue Dec 4 21:45:29 UTC 2012

Good afternoon,

According to an article in the National Edition of the Associated Press (AP), the U. S. Senate did not ratify the Convention On The Rites Of Person's With Disabilities, commonly known as the CRPD. The article eluded to the fact that Republicans did not want to pass a treatie during the lame-duck session of Congress.

While the Treatie failed to pass, the hard work of advocates--both with and without disabilities--should not, and did not, go unnoticed; we definitely fought hard! As an example, when I telephoned Senator Blunt's Washington D. C. office this morning, the voice-mail was full, and that was at 7:00 AM central time.

Thank-you to those who rallyed at Senator Blunt's St. Louis office today!

Thank-you to the rally organizers, as well!

Sincerely,

Cory McMahon