[Nfbmo] FW: FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: State budget director submits three Governor's Amendments to recommended budget for FY 2013

Gary Wunder GWunder at earthlink.net
Wed Mar 28 22:41:02 UTC 2012

Hello folks. This relates directly to our fight to preserve medical care for
the blind. It is a helpful but not a decisive development.  I still believe
that the decisive element in this will be how hard we work, how many letters
we write, how many phone calls we make, and how many visits we can manage to
our state capital.  Here is the information.

  _____

Governor's Amendments to recommended budget for FY 2013

Here's the release from Director Luebbering's office:

Governor's Amendments to recommended budget for FY 2013

On the web at:

http://oa.mo.gov/co/releases/2012/State_budget_director_submits_three_Govern
or_s_Amendments_to_recommended_budget_for_FY_2013

NEWS RELEASE

For Immediate Release
Contact:  Linda Luebbering

March 28, 2012
573-751-2345

State budget director submits three Governor's Amendments to recommended
budget for FY 2013

JEFFERSON CITY, MO - State Budget Director Linda Luebbering today filed
three Governor's Amendments to Gov. Jay Nixon's recommended budget for
Fiscal Year 2013.  These amendments are as follows:

n  The first amendment adds $18 million, $17.75 million of which would be
available to assist the Senate with fully restoring vital health care
services to approximately 2,800 needy blind Missourians.  These additional
funds are available to the state because of additional Medicaid earnings.

n  The second amendment uses the remaining $250,000 to respond to and
analyze the impact of Missouri's military bases on the nation's military
readiness and economy.

n  The third amendment adds $50 million to implement a more efficient,
computer-driven enrollment system for state health care programs.  Federal
funding is available for the purpose of implementing this enrollment system.

-END-

Wanda Seeney

Public Information Officer

Office of Administration

Commissioner's Office

Wanda.Seeney at oa.mo.gov

Phone: 573-522-1898

Fax: 573-526-2983

<http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://townsoftheusa.com/images/Seal_MO
.jpg&imgrefurl=http://townsoftheusa.com/Missouri/Missouri.html&h=288&w=289&s
z=99&tbnid=ACoDFA4kusu20M:&tbnh=115&tbnw=115&prev=/images?q=MIssouri+State+S
eal&hl=en&usg=__BoXZmBS5my_svC-KXrEwrvukAAU=&sa=X&ei=lwtjTIX9K4GRjAfm5amgCQ&
ved=0CCEQ9QEwAw>
http://www.google.com/images?q=tbn:ACoDFA4kusu20M::townsoftheusa.com/images/
Seal_MO.jpg&h=94&w=94&usg=__8JKuUgSXLNTo9zLNDj33S4VouVY=