[Nfbmo] Social Security Seminar!!

daisydacia at centurytel.net daisydacia at centurytel.net
Mon Feb 18 13:45:05 UTC 2013

Hi,

The Columbia chapter is sponsoring a Social Security Seminar.  The Seminar will be held March 9th at the Boone Electric Building, 1413 Rangeline Rd.  It will run from 12:30-4:00.  I'm sending a copy of the flyer as well as the agenda for the seminar.  This is a blindness specific seminar.  Please pass this on to anyone you know who would benefit from this important event!!

Understanding Social Security and Blindness

March 9, 2013

Sponsored by

The National Federation of the Blind of Missouri

ColumbiaChapter

12:30   Registration-Carol Coulter, Treasurer NFB of Missouri

1:00    Welcome and Introductions –Dacia Luck, President NFB of Columbia

1:10   Social Security and SSI: Two Distinctive Programs –Gene Coulter Social Services Advocate NFB of Missouri

1:20   The Difference Between Medicare and Medicaid –Gene Coulter

1:30 Should I enroll in Part B and Part D of Medicare? – Gary Wunder, President NFB of Missouri

1:50 The Three R’s In Dealing With Bureaucracy: Reporting, Record Keeping, and Replying – Gene Coulter

2:00    SSI Budgeting and Allowable Expenses – Dacia Luck

2:10 Break

2:20 Ticket to work- Dacia Luck

2:35 SSDI:    The Earnings Limit and Adjustments: Impairment Related Work Expenses, Subsidized Wages, and Special Conditions – Donald Branch, NFB of Columbia and Gene Coulter

2:55  Special Exclusions For Randolph-Sheppard Managers and Self Employment –Gene Coulter

3:10Unsuccessful Work Attempts and Reinstatement – Gene Coulter

3:20   Combination SSDI and SSI Cases –Gene Coulter

3:30 Your Rights If You Disagree With SSA to Appeals, Waivers, and Reconsideration –Debbie Wunder, Special Projects Coordinator, NFB of Missouri

3:45   Advocacy and Available Resources –Gene Coulter

3:50 Questions and Answers- the cast

4:00   Adjournment

Thank you for participating in this seminar. We hope this information will be helpful to you.

Contact Information

Columbia Chapter 573-289-2912
Thanks,

DaciaDacia Luck, National Federation of the Blind of Missouri, Columbia Chapter president,
Daisydacia at centurytel.net,
573-289-2912