[Nfbmo] Medicaid "transformation" bill to be introduced; Medicaid Expansion bill to be heard

McMahon, Cory J cory.j.mcmahon at gmail.com
Fri Feb 22 12:23:42 UTC 2013

Dear all,

On Wednesday, I had the opportunity to attend a hearing of  the House
Appropriations committee on Health, Mental Health, and Social Services, and
I learned in that hearing that a Medicaid "transformation" bill will be
introduced by Representative Sue Allen, the Chair of the House
Appropriations committee on Health, Mental Health, and Social Services.

Representative Allen did not give many specifics on the bill that she plans
to introduce; however, did indicate that "pilot" programs would be included.

I will provide more information as I receive it, and will send a link to
Representative Allen's bill once it is introduced.

Please also be advised that HB 627, regarding Medicaid Expansion, will be
heard next week in the House committee on Government Oversight and
Accountability; the hearing will begin Monday, February 25, 2013, at 12:00
PM, and will be conducted in HR (Hearing Room) 7(HB 627 is the second bill
expected to be heard in committee Monday).

Please see a link to HB 627 below (in short, it would change the
requirements for eligibility under the MoHealthNet program; it's sponsored
by House Democratic Leader Jacob Hummel, and co-sponsored by Representative
Jeanne Kirkton):

http://www.house.mo.gov/billsummary.aspx?bill=HB627

Sincerely,

Cory McMahon