[Nfbmo] A Sensitive Topic

Randy Carmack randycarmack at gmail.com
Sun Jun 16 23:58:03 UTC 2013

Hi Everyone,

Hope everyone is having a wonderful Fathers Day and Happy Fathers Day to
all you dads out there.

I have a question that I guess should be directed to you parents..  OK here
is my question, hypothetically as blind and/or low vision parents how do
you deal with an outbreak of head lice?  I know that I cannot be the first
to ask this question.  I know that you could always ask a fully sighted
family and/or friend to assist you but that is embarrassing and sometimes
they agree to help you but you can tell that they really do not want to.
 Also what if you are in a situation where family and/or friends are NOT
close enough to you geographically and/or socially to make it feasible to
ask?

To fully sighted individuals this, while being a pain and embarrassing, is
doable but I cannot figure out how someone who has low and/or no vision can
solve this problem independently.

Let me thank you in advance for your thoughts and comments on this
hypothetical but common problem.

Thanks,
Randy Carmack