[Nfbmo] National Fitness Challenge NFCMO

Daniel Garcia dangarcia3 at hotmail.com
Wed May 10 02:19:55 UTC 2017

Well, this is how I get my high step counts.

First of all, I have an ankle band purchased from Amazon.com that has a little pouch to put the fitbit. This gives me a more accurate count of my steps. When I was wearing the wristband, I constantly had to keep my arm down to get steps. Also, I could not hold my phone and get steps at the same time.

A typical work week is like this.

I get up and put on my ankle band. After breakfast, I can walk for about half an hour before I get picked up to go to work. By the time I leave home on a good day I have roughly 3500 steps. On a good day, I get to work about 40 minutes before I start taking calls. This gives me 30 minutes to walk around work, about 3000 more steps. I have 3 15 minute breaks, about 1200 steps each break. I have a 30 minute lunch break. I eat in about 15 minutes and then get in another 1200 steps. During the last 15 minutes of our shift, we can get off the phone to do desk work or whatever else we need to do, another 1000 steps. I usually leave work with about 10k to 12k steps.

I will sometimes get about 1500 to 2000 steps while waiting for my ride back home. While preparing dinner and after dinner I can get more steps, especially during conference calls.

Weekends are harder to describe in detail. I do get about 3000 just by going grocery shopping. I try to walk as much as possible around the neighborhood. This has helped me practice my cane travel skills which have become a bit rusty lately.

Regards

Daniel Garcia