[NFBMO] FW: [Nfbnet-members-list] NFB President Receives Automotive Innovation Award

Gene Fleeman gfleeman55 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 26 17:17:44 UTC 2018

One thing also to remember is that many cars right now can only operate the
way
they do because they are already using 8 or more computer systems in them.
A while back we were in Springfield when the care in front of us suddenly
hit the brakes.
Our car automatically hit our brakes before Sharon could.
I think some people freak out over the car using artificial intelligence,
and are
worried about the car having to make a critical life and death decision. I
think the
bigger thing we have to worry about is the law firms chomping at the bit to
file lawsuits,
regardless. But the more autonomous cars that are on the road, they will be
talking
to each other, and that will also make driving safer.

Gene Fleeman, Second Vice President
National Federation of the Blind of MO
http://www.nfbmo.org/
President, MO Assoc. of Blind Merchants