[NFBMO] Post Office Question

Roger Crome r_crome1 at msn.com
Thu Sep 6 04:39:00 UTC 2018

Thank you very much for the responses thus far.  I was at my chapter meeting and couldn’t look until now.  I do have the ability to get my hands on a label maker and have thought about putting a label on my box.  The numbers on the boxes are not raised.  Thank you, Nancy, for that thought process.  I do know the print alphabet and numbers and use this method sometimes.  I also could probably use the seeing AI app but was so frustrated I didn’t think about trying.  Iguess what really frustrated me was the dismissive way I was told fat chance.

I think my next step will be to put my request in writing for documentation.  I guess we’ll go from there.  The postal service has been giving serious consideration to ending rural delivery and continuing to scale back.  I am wondering if PO Boxes may be the snail mail method of the future.  So, I would like to see accessibility be built in  from the beginning of any transition.    To me, lack of accessibility is purely unacceptable, and I wondered if others have dealt with this and how it was approached.  In the meantime, I’ll work on making it work for me.

Again, thank you for the ideas and hearing my rant.  Lol

Sent from my iPhone