[NFBMO] Coming to State Convention? Want to put Your old Canes to Good Use?

Shelia Wright sbwright95 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 20 17:19:58 UTC 2019

I've been asked to share this message with our members and have agreed we
will provide a drop off spot at our convention.

Shelia

Make this year's convention a "CANE-VENTION!" How? Wondering what to do with
that old cane you no longer use in the closet? Is that drawer of used canes
collecting dust and taking up space? Donate your old canes to the "You Cane
Give" Initiative! We are collecting donated canes to refurbish and send to
individuals who are blind and visually impaired around the world. Let's face
it, we have it good in America. With the click of a button, we can order
almost anything we need, including a cane. In countries like Mexico, China,
India, and South Africa, people do not have access to the proper tools to
empower independence and success. Do not let your canes go to waste!  "You
Cane Give" allows you to help us give your used cane to a person far away
who needs it!

You Cane Give not only empowers the blind, but our initiative also saves
lives. We are in need of canes in all sizes. We are able to send folding
canes overseas, but straight canes can be donated to individuals within the
United States. We have contacts in Peru, Nigeria, the Philippines, Kenya,
Ghana, and South Africa wishing for a cane of their own. Our state
convention is a great opportunity to throw used canes into your suitcase. As
a Thank you, Kustom Cane and You Cane Give are providing $150 gift
certificate as a thank you for your support for empowering and saving the
lives of the blind around the world! Bring your donated canes or tips to the
general sessions; someone will be there to accept your donated canes in the
back of the room.  We appreciate your generosity!

-      James and Wendy Boehm, founders of You Cane Give

Website:  <http://www.youcanegive.org/> www.youcanegive.org

Email:  <mailto:youcanegive at gmail.com> youcanegive at gmail.com

Also, here is our Facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/You-Cane-Give-Initiative-1558518134229769/

Cell phone for James Boehm:

901-483-1515

Check out our Youtube video at:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CD3lX0EtQlA

James Alan Boehm
Peabody College of Vanderbilt University
Human Developmental Clinical Mental Health Counseling: M. ED.

Contact Information
Phone: 901-483-1515
Email: James.A.Boehm at Vanderbilt.edu <mailto:James.A.Boehm at Vanderbilt.edu>
Personal Email: <mailto:jimmydagerman80 at gmail.com>
jimmydagerman80 at gmail.com
NFB Email: JBoehm at NFB-TN.org <mailto:JBoehm at NFB-TN.org>
Learning Ally: JBoehm at LearningAlly.org <mailto:JBoehm at LearningAlly.org>
Kustom Cane: kustomcane at gmail.com <mailto:kustomcane at gmail.com>
You Cane Give Initiative: YuCaneGive at gmail.com <mailto:YuCaneGive at gmail.com>

Blindness is a mere characteristic not defining my abilities; the only
disabilities in life are poor expectations and negative attitudes.

Shelia Wright, President

7928 NW Milrey Drive, Kansas City, MO 64152

816-741-6402

President at nfbmo.org <mailto:President at nfbmo.org>

www.nfbmo.org <http://www.nfbmo.org>