[Nfbmt] Virginia Sutich Obituary

James Aldrich jkaldrich at samobile.net
Fri Dec 7 06:23:33 UTC 2012

Hi Rik and all,

I think Virginia had two periods of time when she was president.  This
was in the mid 70s, around 73 or  possibly 75 and then in the 80s.  I
could be mistaken!  I too would need more documentation.  I think all
you had to say is definitely true but i think Virginia herself was more
on the side of the established rehab services rather than the organized
blind.  During the time when Maggie Bullock was the Visual Services
Administrator and Virginia was President, our Vending program was shut
down!  This is why it had to be revived again under a new concept.
Perhaps there were other setbacks in service delivery!  I don't recall
who directed services during the time of Mike Graham and Carol Blau but
that was certainly a golden age of Montana services as I recall!

Yes!  I too think we should recognize the more positive aspects of
one's life true enough but some inportant setbacks need to be brought
to the forefront!
thank goodness we can now turn our heads forward and help to bring
about more positives for the blind of Montana!

Jim