[Nfbmt] smart phones

James Aldrich jkaldrich at samobile.net
Thu Jul 3 02:36:10 UTC 2014

Hi Jim, Joy, Rebecca and all,

There is a bluetooth Keypad for the IPhone and maybe one like it will
be available for Andorid as well.  It is called the RIVO, (remote
interface for voiceover.  It is a bit pricey at $129 but I hope to get
one when I can see my way clear to do so. It has 16 to 20 keys, can't
remember for certain which is the case till I look it up again!  One
can text, dial, and do a host of other things with it and it is small
enough for any pocket or purse.  I'm hoping I can dial my phone more
quickly when using this device!  I'll let you know when I get it!  I
was dialing a credit card service and they wanted me to enter my 16
digit number.  This isn't easy with the screen icons.  I'm not fast
enough to meet their deadline. Simply google RIVO and you can learn
about this!  there is a podcast on
http://www.applevis.com

I think it is a matter of preference how one types on the keypad.  I
lock mine in portrait and that works fine for me whether I use my
IPhone, IPod or IPad.

I enjoy very much my apple wireless keyboard which is large perhaps but
it has all of the available commands for all IoS devices.  I also use
the IWORKZ foldable keyboard I purchased through Amazon.  It is a
strange device to type on but it is very usable once one becomes  use to it!

I'm looking forward to hearing the convention stream. One can find it
through the Serotek Podcast Network Station I believe!  This is on the
Victor Stream 2 under the humanware streams.  Be ready to listen at 7
AM.  Wish I were there!  For all who are present at the convention, I
hope you are getting much from it!

jim