[Nfbmt] note takers for blind users

Bruce&Joy Breslauer bjb5757 at bresnan.net
Thu Sep 25 03:57:45 UTC 2014

I like the idea of the Humanware Apex, I think it's called.  I have a
Braille Sense which does a lot of cool things and is far and away the most
complete notetaker around as far as features go, but when it doesn't connect
wirelessly as mine currently doesn't and they can't figure out why, it is
frustrating to me.

I read about something called a Braille Pen on Flying Blind recently.  It's
just a little 12-cell Braille device, but it sounds rather cool.  It doesn't
have all the bells and whistles that the Braille Sense does, but if you just
want something with which to interact with your mobile device or to take a
quick note, this sounds like it.  Joy

This Week's Featured Advertisement: BraillePen Touch Back-To-School Special
!!! Only $895.00 USD !!! More Affordable Braille For Everyone !!!
Photo of the BraillePen 12 Touch - $895.00 USD - Flying Blind, LLC Online
Store

The BraillePen Touch Back-To-School Special for $895.00 USD is where
simplicity meets reliability, and until September 30th 2014 we're pleased to
offer you this pocket-sized powerhouse for $100.00 USD off of its suggested
list price. Throw in free shipping, which we do for our continental US
customers, and you save approximately $130.00 USD when you order the most
affordable Braille display on the market to date before September 30th 2014!

This wireless 12-cell input / output device is the perfect companion for
Braille users of tablets and mobile phones, offering a most creative method
for cursor routing; slide your finger up the desired Braille cell, and
either route your cursor within an edit field or simulate a double tap on
your preferred touch screen device! Issue Braille commands and enter text in
your preferred Grade of Braille to a mainstream, touch screen device at a
price hundreds of dollars less than bulkier, less rugged alternatives.

Use the BraillePen's clipboard as a stand-alone option to take a quick note,
and effortlessly copy this text to an edit field using your favorite mobile
application. Take advantage of the exceptional refreshable Braille
enhancements within the just released iOS 8 operating system for i-devices,
a giant step forward for those of us who rely on Braille! It's the most
portable and affordable, wireless, refreshable Braille solution on the
market to date! Use the Buy Now link below to purchase one or more of these
units today at this unbelievably low price! For more information about the
BraillePen Touch, or to place your order offline, email
braillepen at flying-blind.com or call +1 (216) 381-8107 today!