[Nfbmt] just curious

Bruce&Joy Breslauer breslauerj at gmail.com
Sat Oct 17 01:53:10 UTC 2015

Thanks, Rik.  We do miss you at the at large chapter meetings.  As I recall,
we moved it from Saturday morning to what we hoped would be a more
convenient time for you.  Not meaning to guilt trip you or anything.  I know
you have a lot of conflicts, and I'm sure you feel like sometimes it
wouldn't matter when we scheduled the at large chapter meeting, something
else that you have to do would coincide with the same time.  Sometimes life
is like that and you just can't be as involved as you might want to be for
awhile.  But when you can be, I urge you to be.  Not just you, but whoever.

Actually, there eventually were eight members at the at large chapter
meeting, which wasn't too bad, but we decided that it wasn't enough
attendance to hold elections, and several members were over fifteen minutes
late for one reason or another, so we got a late start.  If I'm running it,
I'll start pretty close to on time and try to end on time, because I think
people's time is important.  We are discussing whether to have the President
be more of a facilitator, and have members of the state board take turns
chairing a meeting, organizing a speaker, picking a topic, whatever.  Maybe
we could pick a reading or a speech to read for the next meeting, and for
sure read the Presidential Release and perhaps discuss it.  Just a few
things to do differently than we have in the past.  We will need a secretary
and a treasurer or a secretary/treasurer, and we should send out the minutes
and the agenda for the next meeting at least two days in advance of the
meeting.  In order to make the changes we decide to make, we may need to
tweak or overhaul the Treasure State At Large Constitution.  These are all
things to discuss and decide as a chapter, so as many people as can be need
to be there, or at least that is what I would like to see.  We really should
have held elections at the October meeting.  I can't remember what I did or
didn't send out or what I said or didn't say to whom after awhile, but I
thought I put those thoughts out there before the meeting.  If not, consider
it done now.

I remember once in my younger years complaining to somebody about all the
hypocrites that were in church, and sometimes how boring it was and how they
often seemed to do the same old thing in the same old way.  Whoever I was
talking to said something I will never forget, "If you want to see something
else there, bring it with you."  I pass that along to you all to think about
when you think about why you attend your chapter meetings, and what you want
to accomplish there.

End of sermon.  Pass the hat now.

Joy