[NFBMT] door prize acquisition letter

Edward Robbins ecrobbins517 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 7 16:53:28 UTC 2017

Greetings,

                I am letting the list know that we are soliciting door
prizes for our upcoming convention in September.  As most of us have
relatives and businesses that we deal with on a regular basis it would be
great if they would partner with you in your support of the National
Federation of the Blind of Montana.  I have a solicitation letter available,
(attached and imbedded below)  for you to use and will mail as many of these
letters to you as you would like.  I may just mail some to some of you, but
please don't wait.  Please let me know how many you would like.  Call:  406
453 6678

Sincerely,

Ted

***

NFBMT Logo RGB RectAugust 6, 2017

Dear Friend:

The National Federation of the Blind of Montana is hosting its fifth Annual
State Convention on September 22-23, 2017, at the Bozeman Holiday Inn.
We're looking for items to use for door prizes and fund-raisers at the
event. Can you help us?

As you may know, the National Federation of the Blind of Montana is a
non-profit, private sector, 501 C(3) organization, which is a resource of
knowledge, support, and encouragement for people who are blind and visually
impaired in Montana. (Tax I.D. #46-1358514.) We are a state affiliate of the
National Federation of the Blind, the oldest, largest, and most powerful
consumer organization of blind people in the United States, which has grown
to over fifty thousand members, and has affiliates in every state, as well
as Washington, D.C. and Puerto Rico.  We offer training and advocacy to
blind people and parents of blind children, and work to remove legal,
economic and societal barriers so that blind people can participate fully in
employment, education, recreation, and all other aspects of community life.
Our annual convention is one way we work toward achieving these goals.

Blind people from across Montana, parents of blind children, service
providers, technology producers/distributors, inventors of products designed
to enhance accessibility and independence for the blind, and representatives
from rehabilitation service agencies, private agencies for the blind, and
the Montana Talking Book Library attend our annual convention. We also award
scholarships to deserving blind students in higher education.

Door prizes and surprises make this event even more exciting. Since we are
financed by contributions from our members, friends and well-wishers, we
hope you'll be able to help us out with a gift CARD OR AN ITEM THAT we can
use as a door prize or a fund-raiser.

Sincerely,

***

EDWARD C "TED" ROBBINS, E-MAIL:  ecrobbins517 at gmail.com

CEO MBEI, Treasurer NFB of Montana PHONE & FAX:  406 453 6678, CELL:  406
799 6268

104 RIVERVIEW 5 E

GREAT FALLS  MT   59404