[NFBMT] Cardtronics: Some Thoughts

Bruce&Joy Breslauer breslauerj at gmail.com
Thu Aug 10 13:50:15 UTC 2017

Here is an email exchange I had with Valerie Yingling about being a Cardtronics tester.

Sent: Wednesday, August 09, 2017 2:45 PM

Subject: Cardtronics: Some Thoughts

Hi, Valerie.

This is Joy Breslauer, President, NFB of Montana.

I may find some people in my affiliate who know Braille and can hear speech, but have never used an ATM because they assume they’re not accessible or just have never had the chance to use one.  I don’t think they’re very difficult to use, but I can tell you that my own experience with using them is limited.  That won’t stop me from wanting to be a tester, but it might stop some.

One more thing I thought of:  Usually ATMs charge you a fee to use them if it’s not affiliated with your bank or credit union or wherever you have your money.  Would the test be valid if the person stops the transaction then and says no to the fee and doesn’t continue to withdrawing the least amount of money possible, which in my experience is usually twenty dollars?

Thanks.  Joy