[NFBMT] New Delta Airlines Travel Policy Information

Jim Marks blind.grizzly at gmail.com
Tue Jan 23 21:50:21 UTC 2018

Yes, please find and pass along the article, Dar.  Also, carrying proof of
rabies vaccination on one's phone is a terrific idea.

Just the same, I still have problems with Delta's new policies for guide
dogs.  It's fine to provide documentation to a groomer or a kennel, but we
are talking about the civil right to use guide dogs for air travel.  I just
don't think they can add unnecessary burdens to air travel for dog users.

BTW, while recently boarding an aircraft on Delta, Kieran, my guide, was
attacked by a house cat that was allowed out of its carrier.  The flight
attendant chewed the pet owner out because they are not allowed to remove a
pet from its carrier.  It was a conflict of the cat owner's privilege to
take a pet on flight and my right to access the flight with the alternative
techniques of the blind.  I would not have a problem if Delta tightened up
its companion and pet rules.  My beef is only with service animal policies.
Kieran handled the incident with the same calmness and curiosity he always
shows.  The cat didn't bother him much at all other than the initial flinch
back from the hissing aggression.

Jim Marks
Blind.grizzly at gmail.com