[NFBMT] ExpressVote: My Public Comment

BRUCE&JOY BRESLAUER breslauerj at gmail.com
Thu Aug 29 21:47:17 UTC 2019

We are trying to get an ExpressVote machine to be brought to convention.
That may or may not be possible depending on if there is an election coming
up.

It is my understanding that each polling place will have one machine to start
with.  They are using grant money to purchase them.  So far, not every county
has requested their part of the grant money which would ensure they get a
machine and a tabulator, but most have.

I don't know whether anyone with a disability was consulted for these
machines, but I do know they tried to make sure they are ADA compliant.
Apparently there was some testing done in Missoula in 2017 or 2018, but I
don't know much about that.  Maybe Jim Marks would know, or Travis Hoffman.
I think that is his name, anyway.

They are supposed to by law direct every voter to the ExpressVote machine.
We'll see how that works.

If you have any questions or comments, you can contact Stuart Fuller,
Elections and Voter Services Manager, Secretary of State's Office, by
email at Stuart.Fuller at mt.gov <mailto:Stuart.Fuller at mt.gov> , or by
phone at 406-444-4282, or by sending an email with comments until 5:00 P.M.
on Monday, Labor Day, September 2, to soselections at mt.gov.