[Nfbnet-members-list] FW: Announcement from Johns Hopkins University regarding paid research studies at convention

dandrews920 at comcast.net dandrews920 at comcast.net
Wed Jun 26 15:51:44 UTC 2024

Study Announcement:
The Neuroplasticity and Development Lab invites participants to take part in research studies at the NFB convention 2024 in Orlando. The studies involve reading braille, listening to brief stories and sentences and answering questions. The goal of this research is to better understand how experience contributes to cognition and how the human brain supports braille.
We invite totally blind adults and blind children who are learning to read braille to participate in the research. There are several studies available. You can choose to participate in one or more of these studies. Each study takes around 1-2 hours and adult participants are compensated $30 per hour for participating. Children receive a $50 Amazon gift certificate. Prior to scheduling a study appointment we ask that you complete a pre-screening interview over the phone to see whether you qualify. Among the qualification criteria, participants must totally blind with no cognitive or neurological disabilities. The screening interview takes between 15 to 30 minutes. For children, the screening interview is completed by parents. Those who take part in the interview will receive a $15 Amazon gift certificate.
To find out if you qualify and to sign up for appointment please contact us by either calling (410) 870-9895 or emailing braillebrain at jhu.edu <mailto:braillebrain at jhu.edu%3cmailto:braillebrain at jhu.edu> <mailto:braillebrain at jhu.edu>
Thank you for reading our announcement and we look forward to seeing you at the NFB convention.
Marina Bedny, Ph.D.
Director of Neuroplasticity & Development Lab Assistant Professor Department of Psychological and Brain Sciences Johns Hopkins University