[NFBNJ] Surfing Experience Surfing for VisionLong Branch Sunday August 13 2017

joe ruffalo nfbnj1 at verizon.net
Thu Aug 17 17:14:25 UTC 2017

Greetings to all!
See below.

nfbnj1 at verizon.net

On Sunday, August 13, 2017 in the town of Long Branch, the second annual surfing for vision was held.  There were over 30 surfers, family members, volunteers and beachgoers that enjoyed the surfing, wave riding, music from the Eddie Testa band.

>From the members of the NFBNJ and especially those that enjoyed the c, the spray of the ocean, the sand in our bathing suits, the summer sun and the fun of the day, we thank Michael Benson, founder of the Visual Experience Foundation, for his continued support to raise expectations to demonstrate that there is life after blindness!

Special Note:

For those that attended the surfing event, if you have photographs and or videos, please submit to Brian Mackey, webmaster for the NFBNJ and forward me a copy.

Please include your phone number in the email if we need to contact you for additional information.

Please include a description, your name, member in a chapter or division, etc.

If you have videos, please provide a verbal description as we can provide prior to the link.

Thanks for another experience to raise expectations to live the life we want and to change what it means to be blind!